Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Callie's Exasperation!






Today Callie got her first bath that was not a sponge bath! After Callie's bath, I went to get a quick shower & then off we went to Therapy. I noticed throughout the day, that Callie kept throwing her left leg all over the place, I couldn't quite figure out why she kept doing that until I took her pants off to change her diaper & realized that she had two new bands on her ankle while I was showering. I had to chuckle! She is bound & determined to get them off. In a 30 minute period of time this evening, she kicked her left boot off 4 times!!! Silly baby!

They say it is good sign when there are things that bother her! It is another step in her progress. I look back at the top picture that was taken 6 days ago! So much better!

Today she looks like she's gained weight. I was worried a few days ago that she was getting a little thin, but she's already filled out. It is looking like her sodium level is getting balanced out.

There are a few pictures from therapy. The last two are from speech therapy. They put a cold lemon flavored swab in her mouth. She really does like it despite what the sour face tells. The last picture shows her chewing on it and swallowing!

Another good day down! LOL & Gratitude, Dana, Callie & family


Just a little note, while I was typing up this post, the night nurse cut off the bands & put new ones on a notch looser! I think she got tired of finding her boot off every time she came in as it had become a full time job!

1 comment:

  1. OH DANA, THIS IS SO GREAT! I'M NOW A "CALLIE BLOG JUNKIE", AND CHECK UP ON YOU GUYS AT LEAST TWICE A DAY! I'VE BEEN SUBBING A LOT, WHICH IN TURN MEANS I'VE BEEN A BIT SICK, BUT WE'LL HOPEFULLY BE UP SOMETIME THIS WEEKEND TO SEE YOU ALL! PRAISE GOD, CALLIE LOOKS WONDERFUL! THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT NURSES AND DRS. FOR THEIR GOD-GUIDED CARING HANDS! WE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!