Tuesday, November 11, 2008

HOME AT LAST!!!

Well, we have been home for a few days & in many ways, it seems as though we never missed a beat! Callie had not even a moment of needing to adjust! She has been getting up & walking a few steps without ANY help at all !!! She loves having the kids & Sarah around & has definitely found the high C again, but somehow it sounds so different than it used to. I feel a little like my "Granny", who at a reunion when all the kids were indoors in a lodge & running wild, when she heard us trying to quiet them down, she said (swirling her hand beneath her throat), "Let them whoop & holler until there throats are full"!!! We miss all our hospital friends & are SO GRATEFUL for them! Last night I asked Callie, "where is Miss _______ & _______ & _______ . . . . . ? They are at the hospital. Do you want to go to the hospital to see them? And she nodded her head & her whole upper body in the affirmative! Today we honor everyone EVERYWHERE, who has ever lost someone or suffer through difficulties with their loved ones, which I believe IS EVERYONE! We love ALL of you & are so grateful for the experience we have had to not just know, but to really FEEL that we are all ONE big family! No matter our varied differences, WE ARE ONE! Pictures & more later. . . ~The Whole Butler Family

3 comments:

  1. YEAH FOR THE BUTLERS!!! SO glad you are home!!! I bet it feels better then ever!!! When things settle down let me know Dana so we can come and squeeze that neck of yours!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that things are going well at home!! I knew Callie would do amazing being back home!! That is so awesome that she is taking steps on her own!! You are definitely missed at PCH!! Everytime I walked by Callie's old room on Sunday at work I missed her, but I am so glad she got to go home!! It was way cool seeing you guys at the marketplace Friday night!! Tell Callie I miss her!! And I can't wait to see the pictures!! Especially the ones of her walking out of the hospital!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy that Callie is back home safe and sound! She is such an amazing little girl and we love her more than words can say! We look forward to hearing about all of her future progress!
    -The McNeil's

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!